Innovative Research Grant
Grants for Innovative Research in Melanoma
The Melanoma International Foundation will be awarding a limited number of grants for innovative melanoma research projects. Preference will be given to new investigators who have started their independent careers in the past 4 years. A range of awards is anticipated up to $40,000. Support will be for research expenses to be incurred within the 12 months following the award date. We expect this to be an annual competition.
Proposals will be judged on the following two criteria –
- The innovative nature of the project. Can it contribute in a significant or novel way either to understanding the biology of melanoma or to its clinical treatment?
- The competence and promise of the investigator.
Qualified scientists are eligible without regard to nationality or institutional or department affiliation.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online in English, either in pdf or Microsoft Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline – August 10, 2012
- Application Content –
- Cover page (download cover page form here)
- Abstract, of no more than 200 words.
- A Statement of Purpose, describing a) the hypothesis to be tested, b) the process by which it will be tested, and c) its potential significance (limit – 3 pages, plus references)
- Letters of Recommendation (no more than 3) attesting to the qualifications of the applicant to perform the envisioned project.
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant (no more than 2 pages).
- Budget Proposal (limit – 1 page). PI salary, travel, and indirect costs are not allowed. MIF policy is not to allow overhead.
- Approval and final funding decisions will be made by the Foundation President in close consultation with the Foundation’s Scientific Advisory Board.
- Notification to applicants will be made by September 15.
The Melanoma International Foundation , based in Glenmoore, Pennsylvania, is a 501 c 3 non profit organization established in 2003 to serve the growing melanoma patient population. With the initiation of this grants program, we intend to support particularly promising cutting-edge developments in melanoma research and therapy.
UPDATED: June 23, 2012